2021 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists Named
National Merit Scholarship Corporation announced the 11 South Asian American students from Nevada to 2021 Semifinalists in the 66th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,600 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $30 million that will be offered next spring.
2021 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists are
- Chundu, Sahi – Clark High School
- Ghani, Moonis M. – Coronado High School
- Jain, Vihaan – West Career and Technical Academy
- Mehdi, Adam D. – The Meadows School
- Patel, Aayan N.- The Davidson Academy
- Patel, Dylan – Clark High School
- Raju, Priya D. – Palo Verde High School
- Reddy, Jaiden S. – Clark High School
- Shah, Isha K. – Clark High School
- Shankar, Sanjay C. – Coronado High School
- Siddiqui, Sayhaan N. – Coral Academy of Science
Over 1.5 million juniors in about 21,000 high schools entered the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Program by taking the 2019 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT®), which served as an initial screen of program entrants. The nationwide pool of Semifinalists, representing less than one percent of U.S. high school seniors, includes the highest-scoring entrants in each state. The number of Semifinalists in a state is proportional to the state’s percentage of the national total of graduating seniors.