National Merit Scholarship Corporation Announce 2022 Semifinalists
The National Merit Scholarship Corporation announced 13 South Asian American students from Nevada, out of approximately 16,000 Semifinalists, in the 67th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth nearly $30 million that will be offered next spring.
2022 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists are…
- Sohini Mandal – Green Valley High School
- Manav Dudhia – Advanced Technologies Academy
- Meghana Sunkara – Clark High School
- Aryaman Bisen – Clark High School
- Daniyal Qazi – Clark High School
- Mathew Stephen – The Meadows School
- Sanjay Soni – West Career and Technical Academy
- Adithya Ayanam – Coral Academy of Science, Reno
- Dheera Chintam – Coral Academy of Science, Reno
- Vishwath Ganeshan – The Davidson Academy, Reno
- Sandeep Maligireddy – The Davidson Academy, Reno
- Faisal Quarishi – The Davidson Academy, Reno
- Sahil Desai – Reno High School, Reno
High school juniors entered the 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program by taking the 2020 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test, which served as an initial screen of program entrants.
To become a Finalist, the Semifinalist and a high school official must submit a detailed scholarship application, in which they provide information about the Semifinalist’s academic record, participation in school and community activities, demonstrated leadership abilities, employment, and honors and awards received. A Semifinalist must have an outstanding academic record throughout high school, be endorsed and recommended by a high school official, write an essay, and earn SAT® or ACT® scores that confirm the student’s earlier performance on the qualifying test.
24,470 total views, 1 views today