COEXISTING WITH CORONAVIRUS !? – Guest Author Satish Bhatnagar, Ph.D.
Depending upon whom you listen to, the Coronavirus or COVID-19 has been now in the US air for a year. Like all other pandemics in world history, this too would peter out after one more year. At the same time, if this pandemic gives rise to a new economy over the dying embers of certain sections of the old economy, then it would be a world beyond my speculation. For the last 3-4 weeks, the powers-to-be in this global ‘pandemic industry’ have been carefully preparing the people to live with pandemics forever by strategically releasing information on the ‘births’/mutations of new strains of Covid 19 – from the UK, South Africa etc. China is over done now!
This collusion between pharmaceutical multinational giants (no national allegiance) and governments having communistic agendas even in the so-called democratic countries is most ominous for the masses. They will snuff out any other non-vaccine cure in a zillion manner of ways. People already believe that vaccines are the only remedies – that defies logic. For family peace, I got the first dose of Moderna vaccine two weeks ago, and shall get the follow-up dose in a couple of weeks. Today, I told my younger brother how 100 years ago, the powerful American Medical Association banished Homeopathy from the US by having it declared a quackery- whereas, it is thriving in India with its homeopathy colleges. The poor masses throng homeopathy clinics.
Anyway, at the age of 81, I thought of sharing my Covid cautions in the sense of how, so far, I have been lucky, how I have thwarted it, or what I have learnt about it from others. Here is a list of my chores that are integrated into my scattered weekly regimen. Order is absolutely no-order – funny!
- 21. Just a glass of red wine, a can of dark beer, or a 2oz. Scotch – 4 to 5 times a week.
- 20. Once a day, I drink warm herbal tea (non-caffeine) including cinnamon- without milk and sugar.
- 19. A spoonful of chyawanprash with milk before going to bed.
- 18. Daily 10-minute havan – consisting of 7-layer fire consignment making one ahuti (offering) and uni-mantra (Gayatri) inside a gazebo set in the backyard of our house.
- 17. Every morning, I do Baba Ramdev’s basic pranayama and aasans for 40 minutes.
- 16. Superfast breathing for at least 30 seconds.
- 15. Holding breath with nostrils closed for at least 30 seconds.
- 14. Four speedy exhales from each nostril alternately for 60 seconds.
- 13. Applying oil/vaseline in each nostril before going to bed or going out in public places.
- 12. Walking at least for an hour 5-6 days a week.
- 11. In the evenings, I work with weights and dumbbells while lying on a horizontal bench for 10-15 minutes- pumping the rib cage; doing a breathing exercise while lying on the bench set inside the gazebo.
- 10. Eating raw garlic 4 times a week and lemoned onion with meals only.
- 9. Taking turmeric 3 times a week with milk.
- 8. One fish oil capsule five times a week.
- 7. One spoonful of unfiltered and organic olive oil as the first thing in the morning.
- 6. Eat about 20 gin-soaked black raisins in the morning along with a big mug of tea.
- 5. 25 vertical jumps in the bathroom after the morning chores are done.
- 4. After every 1-2 hour of sitting and working on a PC, I get up from the chair after doing 25 chair push-ups and chair sit-ups. Then I do at least 25 verticals before starting to work on the chair again; feel oxygenated in three minutes.
- 3. I go outside the house everyday – and wear a mask only in public places.
- 2. Total fast on Tuesday (has been going on for 35 years).
- 1. In the morning, drinking 4 glasses of water kept in a bronze lotta mixed with drops of Tulsi/basil juice. Later in the day, drinking water mixed with Quinine Hydrochloride as contained in tonic water.
With the exception of the routine of daily havan, which I started on April 18, 2020, the rest have been next to my nature – each routine is a few years old. Still one has to be lucky while crossing paths with Covid-19. Despite the fact, a thousand of them can sit on the tip of a needle!!
What is your Covid story that is worth sharing?
Satish C. Bhatnagar, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences,
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV 89154-4020.Tele: 702-895-0383 (O) and 702-895-4343 (FAX); Office – CDC- 1006Email: email@example.com
Adjunct Professor, Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (2019 – )UNLV Faculty Senate (2018 – 2021)
The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the above article solely belong to the author Satish Bhatnagar, Ph.D. and are not an endorsement by vegasdesi.com. The editor is pleased to provide vegasdesi.com as a platform for the community members to engage in intellectual debates, opinions, and discussions.
2,785 total views, 2 views today